When was the last time God ‘Wowed’ you?
I don’t know about you, but when God amazes me in larger than normal ways it usually includes a bit of humility. Recently, I had one of those moments. God stepped in and reminded me that He was still in charge of the situation….NOT me!
This was a healthy piece of humble pie. You see, the week leading up to our first ‘soft’ launch of our new Satellite church campus was packed full of endless task lists, technical disappointments, exhausting work days, and personal family struggles.
– There was too much left to do before Sunday.
– Contractors informed me we would not have internet, video teaching or projection capabilities.
– I was struggling emotionally to maneuver through and balance leading a new church launch and a family crisis at the same time. And my college studies had come to a screeching halt.
– Our core church family showed up, cleaned up, donated and constructed in a HUGE way. God deployed His Church body and the work got done.
– Video streaming capabilities, projection, and high-speed internet…..were ALL in place by Friday evening.
– We had an unexpected breakthrough in our family situation which gave my wife and I hope that we didn’t have before.
God showed up in a big way. He blessed me with peace of mind and comfort that He was definitely in control. Then, I was reminded of God’s reply to Job in chapter 38.
“Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.” v.2-4
More humble pie.
I was relying on my own knowledge and control of these details. I was allowing myself to become anxious about things that God was already at work in. And the purpose in all of this became crystal clear. God gets the credit for all of it….NOT ME.
As for our first worship service together, everything was perfect. God’s Spirit was there. We worshipped, learned, and fellowshipped together. There was a shared energy and hope for families and individuals in our new community.
How about you? Has God ‘Wowed’ you recently….and what did you learn from it? Please comment below and share this post with others who might need it.